Scholarship Guidelines For Application
The Scholarship Committee will consider the following rules and priorities when awarding scholarships:
- Scholarship applicant must live in the state of Indiana and be engaged in the practice or study of philanthropy.
- For purposes of scholarship awards, members of a student chapter of AFP-IC will be considered members of AFP-IC.
- Applicants must be a member of AFP-IC.
- First priority will be givento non-board members of AFP-IC (including recognized student chapters)
- Second priority will be given to board members of AFP-IC
- Organizations may receive a maximum of one scholarship per year, notwithstanding the amount of AFP-IC members in that organization. Organizations are strongly encouraged to consider their overall education budget and staff needs in submitting applications.
- Organizations/individuals who have received scholarship funds for two consecutive years are not eligible in the third year.
- A letter from the chief executive officer or board chairman must be included with scholarship applications.
- Organizations are required to submit their operating budget and staff education budget with applications.
- First priority will be given to organizations with an operating budget of less than $500,000
- Second priority will be given to organizations with an operating budget of more than $500,000
- Applicants must submit all receipts and documentation as required by AFP-IC.
- Applicants must complete the Post-Event Evaluation within two weeks of the training/conference attended. Failure to meet this requirement and reimburse funds (if due), will forfeit the right to be considered for future scholarships.