Grants ManagerCompany: Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB)
Date Posted: May 9, 2017
1029 Fletcher Ave, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46203
Please submit resumes by May 31, 2017 to https://kibi.formstack.com/forms/grants_manager
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) is a dynamic nonprofit organization with smart, motivated employees who work hard to make an impact in our community. KIB's vision is a vibrant city, with every neighborhood landscape thriving and well, and its people empowered, mobilized, and devoted toward that vision.
Job Title: Grants Manager
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000
Benefits: Health, dental & vision insurance (company pays 80-90% of employee coverage), life
insurance, long-term disability insurance, 403b match of 3%, generous PTO and holiday
Promotes and supports the mission and goals of Keep Indianapolis Beautiful through fund development efforts, specifically by responding to and managing grant opportunities. Responsible for raising approximately $900,000 - $1 million annually.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for writing, preparing and submitting high quality grant proposals for foundation and corporate consideration;
- Work collaboratively with internal departments and external partners to assemble and synthesize data and information into clear and concise proposal language;
- Responsible for tracking, preparing and submitting all required foundation and corporate reports;
- Work in partnership with the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to provide periodic written stewardship updates for corporate and foundation supporters;
- Track and monitor proposal submission and reporting deadlines;
- Conduct prospect research to identify new foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
- Reports directly to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations;
- Works side-by-side with Development team to support fundraising by assisting with donor communications and events;
- Meets regularly with managers and program staff across all KIB departments to ensure consistent development support of programs and priority projects;
- Directly supports President and SVP of Development and External Affairs as needed.
Planning and budgeting
- Assist with developing and monitoring annual grants income budget;
- Prepare/adapt individual program and/or proposal budgets using funders' preferred formats;
- Create individual workplan in line with departmental goals and strategic plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in writing and administering grant proposals, with record of success in securing significant (six-figure) gifts from corporations and foundations;
- Exceptional writing skills, including use of persuasive language and technical ability;
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, sources and practices for obtaining information about giving programs at corporations and foundations;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Experience developing and managing budgets;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve measurable goals.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
- Minimum of two years direct experience writing and securing grants;
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Knowledge of KIB programs is a plus.
Additional Attributes of Strong Candidates:
- Exhibit KIB's Cultural Values of Teamwork, Responsibility, Excellence, Openness, Balance and Joy.
- In addition to the salary and benefits described above, the Grants Manager should be interested in gaining professional fulfillment through this role. Ample opportunity exists to participate in decision-making, leadership, professional development and more.
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. KIB is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.