Communications, Design & Social Media CoordinatorCompany: Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
Date Posted: April 22, 2018
The Communications Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for multiple major priorities to meet the Foundation's communications strategy including:
- Graphic Design
- Cares for the creation of all in-house promotional materials including but not limited to banners, signage, holiday cards, social media promotions, donor event invitations, etc.
- Assist with creation of materials for various teams within the Foundation as needed.
- Conducts an annual audit of Foundation collateral to ensure it is timely and relevant. Provides strategic recommendations and updates as needed.
- Chapter Development Services
- Manages all aspects of the communications associated with Chapter Development Services.
- Establishes strong working relationships with chapter volunteers to ensure constant communication and projects moving through the pipeline.
- Edits content, designs and produces newsletters and other printed collateral for chapters in a Chapter Development Services contract.
- Ensures all collateral accurately portrays the Foundation and the chapter.
- Social Media
- In conjunction with the Director of Communications & Direct Response creates and executes an ongoing social media strategy specific to Foundation initiatives.
- Manages and oversees the Foundation's activity and presence on social media including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Assists the Director of Communications & Direct Response with the development and execution of specific social media campaigns.
- Foundation Communications
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications & Direct Response to manage the Foundation's communications calendar.
- Assists in updating and maintaining the Foundation's website per the Foundation's strategic plan and communication strategy.
- Creates and distributes email communications and e-newsletters as needed.
- Ensures proper use of Foundation brand and design.
- Promulgates the mission, vision and strategic plan of the Phi Kappa Psi Foundation & Fraternity
- Pursues continuing education and training on areas of direct impact on the role and the Coordinator's relevant professional development.
- Provides ideas, opinions or information in an articulate, professional manner.
- Participates in Foundation events and functions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Communications & Direct Response. Works closely with all Foundation and Fraternity staff.
Has regular contact, and in some cases manages the relationship with, the public, vendors, donors, alumni, undergraduates and friends of the Foundation as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to three years of experience in the graphic design and communications field.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Experience in conceptualizing, writing, designing and producing printed collateral including but not limited to newsletters, brochures, banners and signage.
- Experience designing materials for both print and web distribution.
- Familiarity with current and emerging digital media.
- Knowledge of email marketing systems, MailChimp preferred.
- Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
- An understanding and appreciation of the principles and traditions of the college fraternity and volunteer-driven organizations.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekend as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Must possess a high level of energy, initiative and a can-do attitude.
- Unquestionable work ethic, persistence and the ability to accomplish established goals.
- Capacity to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple, diverse and on-going projects.
- Collegial, collaborative style necessary.
- Membership in a Greek organization a plus.