Director of DevelopmentCompany: Ivy Tech Community College, Indianapolis
Date Posted: March 11, 2018
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana's citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
The Director of Development performs as a member of the development team reporting directly to the Executive Director of Resource Development. This individual is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive gift prospect list including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective donors.
This individual will develop, grow and manage a portfolio of prospects within the institutions database. The Director of Development will work closely with faculty and staff, both within the central Indiana region and statewide to promote the acquisition of philanthropic support. A successful director of development works efficiently managing time, develops strategies to obtain solicitations, and creates donor relationships that establish gifts to meet the strategic goals of the institution.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three to five years of successful gift fundraising, preferably in higher education.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to conduct public speaking engagements without instruction
- Exceptional written communications and research abilities
- Highly self-motivated and organized ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and donors in order to develop relationships between them and the college
- Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the college's fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships between them and the college
- Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the college's fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with faculty, trustees, volunteers, and the development team.
- Proven innovative ability in fundraising process to develop connections with unrelated prospects
Preferred Qualifications: Master's Degree
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.