Vice President for Institutional AdvancementCompany: Lourdes University
Date Posted: December 11, 2017
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement serves as the chief advancement officer, responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program that includes donor identification and cultivation, major gifts, external relations, planned giving, and much more.
To view the full position description and apply online, click here.
- 7-10 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising; higher education advancement experience preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred; CFRE preferred.
- Strong record of accomplishments in advancement activities, annual giving and planned giving programs, capital campaigns, and major gift solicitation.
- Dynamic organizational, communication, supervisory, and interpersonal skills are essential; must be able to communicate impactfully, both in written and oral form.
- Must be an effective team player, willing to be fully involved in the University community.
- Ability to create and maintain strong partnerships with administrators, faculty, staff, Board of Trustees, and develop strategic partnerships with all external audiences, including the chamber of commerces, local and state governmental agencies, state legislators, and civic organizations, to ensure the University is an integral part of the Toledo region.
- Self-starter; able to lead a team to meet and exceed goals.
- Visionary; able to create and execute on both a macro and micro level the vision of the University and able to steward the University and its constituents toward that vision.
- Understands the complexity of finance and investments to ensure facilitation of high level gifts from major donors.
- Able to speak professionally, think creatively, and possess a dynamic understanding of the University.
- Know how to create opportunities that capture the interest and passion of donors while also serving well the mission of the University.
- Understand and work effectively with religious sponsor relationship.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, direction, and supervision of external constituency programs.
- Works with the President on all advancement-related issues as a partner. Strategically involves all levels of the community in advancement activities.
- Creates and implements the comprehensive institutional advancement plan for the university to generate maximum income from individuals, foundations, and corporations, with a goal of cultivating direct, sustainable relationships between donors and the university. This includes:
o Assisting in the identification and prioritization of needs that exceed institutional resources, and developing potential sources of funding.
o Leading in the setting of and achieving annual goals for the betterment of the community; and preparing the University for growth and opportunity.
o Overseeing the data management and gift acknowledgement for donors.
o Overseeing all prospect research and cultivation; planning and directing all campaigns.
o Coordinating, preparing, and overseeing the solicitation of major gifts.
o Development and execution of an alumni giving program.
o Overseeing annual fundraising events.
o Overseeing all grant proposals, including corporate and foundation requests.
- Establishes and maintains a system of coordination among the various fundraising efforts throughout the University to prevent duplication of solicitations and ensure stewardship of successful fundraising efforts.
- Effectively utilizes the University community to steward and develop potential gifts. See the talent present in the University community and how to best use it externally.
- Develops partnerships with community and business leaders and the University.
- Maintains a working relationship with the communications team internally, to ensure the strategic initiatives of Institutional Advancement are being understood and met.
- Facilitates and staffs the Institutional Advancement Committee and the Trustee Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Oversees the Institutional Advancement Department staff members; identifying and utilizing special talents.
- Prepares and administers the annual institutional advancement budget.
Apply by: December 22, 2017
To apply: Please upload a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume by end of day Friday, Dec. 22, to alysterling.com/lourdes
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.