Donor Relations CoordinatorCompany: Indianapolis Zoo
Date Posted: October 12, 2017
The Indianapolis Zoo has developed into a global leader in animal conservation. As the largest zoo in the country that receives no direct tax funding, our fundraising team plays an integral role in our organization's success. The support of our donors is vital to our mission of advancing animal conservation around the world and close to home.
The Donor Relations Coordinator plays an integral role within the Institutional Advancement team, and is a full-time hourly position. Experienced and detail-oriented, the Coordinator provides administrative support and may participate in key events.
- Receives and processes all charitable donations, sponsorships, pledges, other gifts and special events revenue.
- Maintains a secure database in Raiser's Edge of donor information, including documentation of all gifts and pledges.
- Oversees proper acknowledgement, including appropriate tax information, of all charitable donations.
- Manages the honor and memorial recognition program as well as the Animal Amigo fundraising program.
- Prepares reports, donor packets, mailings, event materials, etc.
- Contributes to other aspects of donor relations as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required:
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Accurate, detailed, and follow-through mandatory;
- Ability to multi-task, handle high pressure situations, and meet tight deadlines;
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word. Must be an intermediate and competent user of Raiser's Edge.
- Experience in administrative support and donor relations;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Must have a valid driver's license;
- High school diploma required, post-secondary education is preferred, with a BS in fundraising or other related field preferred. A minimum of four year's professional experience working in an office environment required.
Application deadline is October 31, 2017. Candidates must apply online. A cover letter and resume must be attached to the online application.
In the "Position Desired" section of the application, please put "Donor Relations Coordinator." Apply at http://www.indianapoliszoo.com/contact/employment-and-volunteers/zoo-staff-employment
To help ensure receipt of your online application, we recommend applicants use a computer running Windows XP or higher, with at least Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment training, drug testing, criminal history checks and a BMV check.
The Zoo offers a competitive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403b; Paid Time Off; paid holidays) upon 90 days of employment. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please include compensation requirement in your attached cover letter or enter it on the online application.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a drug-free/smoke-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.