Foundation Relations ManagerCompany: Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana, Inc.
Date Posted: September 27, 2017
The Foundation's Mission
The Foundation's mission is: to ensure the innovation and sustainability of Goodwill's mission through philanthropic assets and business relationships. A sustainable philanthropic revenue stream will allow Goodwill to achieve its vision of all people being productive, self-sufficient and capable of contributing to their communities. We believe all people can achieve their greatest potential through education attainment, meaningful employment and improved health and well-being.
Over the past 45 years, the Foundation has secured the funds necessary to develop, design and implement programs, resources and facilities that serve our students, employees and program participants. Some of these projects include:
- the PUMA Den gym at Indianapolis Metropolitan High School,
- numerous endowed scholarships for graduates and other clients pursuing addtional education,
- sustaining the Goodwill Guides program for retail employees,
- piloting The Excel Center, and
- providing internships to students.
Other successes include capital projects and capacity building that support Goodwill's growth and advance the mission.
Grants from private, public and governmental Grantors are an important revenue stream for Goodwill. The Foundation has established a $10,000 threshold for any grant applied for, and has been successful in securing grants in excess of $1,000,000.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of four years' professional experience in nonprofit development. Successful history of cultivating, preparing grant proposals, obtaining grant dollars, and stewarding foundation relationships.
- Knowledge of proposal writing and submission process.
- Knowledge of foundation prospect development and retention.
- Knowledge of private, public, and corporate foundation models and practices.
- Knowledge of federal, state and agency regulations with regard to grant programs.
- Possess strong relationship-building skills and is highly detailed and organized.
- Must be able to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Superior writing and strong oral communication skills with great ability to communicate at multiple levels.
- Efficieint at multitasking; highly developed sense of urgency.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and email, Gmail preferred.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge is preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative; understands how to seek out and research information effectively to complete work.
- Self-directed and highly conscientious, uses good commom sense and can work alone or as a part of a team.
- Must have professional appearance and reliable transportation.
The Foundation Relations Manager (Manager) will be a part of the Goodwill Foundation of Central & Southern Indiana (Foundation), an affiliate of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana (Goodwill).
The Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Identify prospective private and public foundations and governmental grant sources (Prospective Grantors) whose funding priorities match Goodwill's funding priorities.
- With key internal program stakeholders (Internal Stakeholders), determine the best prospects, and develop and submit proposals to Prospective Grantors,
- Steward relationships between the Foundation and granting organizations (Grantors),
- Communicate grant deadlines, reporting requirements and all other necessary information to Internal Stakeholders, and serve as the intermediary between Grantors and Internal Stakeholders.
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Section 125 pretax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums